Steve Hastings has experience in business financings, as well as the analysis of market dynamics in various industries. His expertise includes creating and analyzing financial derivatives; structuring management compensation plans; strategic business planning; due diligence and tax advisory services; negotiation assistance and investor communications. He has provided services to companies in numerous transactions involving valuations, sales, mergers and acquisitions; as well as having been a party to numerous complex financing transactions. Steve has provided expert testimony in trials and depositions related to financial matters.
He served six years as a Finance Commissioner of Texas. The Finance Commission provides overall policy and supervisory control for the Banking Department, the Savings and Loan Department, and the Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner.
Steve is a certified public accountant (CPA) and is Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) and Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) by the AICPA. He is an ASA accredited appraiser, as awarded by the American Society of Appraisers. He is also a certified valuation analyst (CVA) as designated by the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA).
• Big-8 Audit Experience
• Awarded General Securities and Operation Licenses
• Former Finance Commissioner of Texas
• Texas Department of Banking, chairman of the Audit Committee
• Multiple chief financial officer positions
• Arizona State University, M.B.A.
• University of Indiana, B.S.
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants